On 4/26/07, Glen Gunselman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I need to install cURL from Blastwave, but pkg-get gives me the "dependancy
 ... not up to date" error. I used "/opt/csw/bin/pkg-get -c|grep -v 'Not
installed'" and I know that to "upgrade all" will break cfengine.

  Firstly, did you file a bug report against that ?

  Secondly, you can do the following ugly thing :

pkg-get -U

pkg-get -c | egrep -v "Not|SAME"

that will give you a list of places where you are out of sync.

You *may* run pkg-get -d packagename and simply download the package
without installing it. You can then manually pkgrm the older one and
pkgadd the download without any dependency check being done. Sort of
side stepping the whole dep-check stage entirely.

Its ugly.  Sorry.

Dennis