Peter Tribble wrote:
> On 5/10/07, Michal Pryc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would like to announce a new project called JPack, which will provide
>> a GUI application for managing different types of packages for Solaris
>> Operating System.
>>
>> for more information:
>>
>> http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/jds/tasks/jpack/
>>
>> and
>>
>> http://blogs.sun.com/migi/entry/jpack_install_your_software_easily
>>
>> Please let me know what do you think about it.
>
> Interesting! The focus is rather different, but there's some
> overlap with what I've been hacking into solview recently:
>
> http://www.petertribble.co.uk/Solaris/solview.html
>
> when I get onto a real computer I'll definitely have a play with it.

Peter,
I have seen your solview (from version 0.3) and it is very nice tool,
but as you told the focus is different.

The JPack project will provide GUI for underlying packaging systems, so
in the future if (maybe) packaging on Solaris will change, users will
still be able to use easy JPack GUI for installing apps and solview is
only for viewing Solaris ones.

For me it is great that both of the apps are under CDDL, so in some
particular cases (especially parsing files) I am able to use your code
in JPack without any licensing issues :-)

--
Michal