My initial hostility towards ian's distro is that it reeks of
something just given to us by on high by "The Great Managers at SUNW"
(cathedral model) rather than any sort of community effort (bazaar
model) and I fear that'll translate in to the product being just some
advertising campaign for Sun, which is a co-opting of the community
for undesirable ends. I don't have a problem with sun making money,
even if it's off the contributions of the community so long as they
are also an active, friendly member of the community. To treat the
community as little more than a tool for your advertising campaign
however, is antisocial and a good way to encourage forking the
codebase.

I feel that you will never ever get what Ian is going to do from the
OpenSolaris community. Not from Solaris users. Period.