>If Sun supported my webcam (bug reported), along with my wireless out of
>the box on the current release of Solaris - I would purchase it straight
>away. The webcam is uvc compliant but needs a firmware uploaded (the
>whole information is linked on bugster) and my wireless is supported in
>SXCE but not in Solaris 10 x86/64.

For the latter you will need to bug Sun (OpenSolaris.org has no influence
on what appears on S10 update releases other than that technology generally
needs to appear there first; but there's no direct path to S10 from here).

OpenSolaris can expedite the webcam issue but only if someone is motivated
in doing so.  (Else, you'd have to escalate the bug through the appropriate
support channels at Sun or pay someone to fix it for you and contribute it
to OpenSolaris)

Casper