> funny that you mentioned that.  I have done away with the electric dryer for
> some time now.  It's now done by solar and wind power (& a bunch of clothes
> clips).

I live in Canada and it only gets hot enough five times a year. The rest of
the time your laundry would freeze hard as a brick in 90 seconds. In fact, I
have vivid memories of being up north and watching a beer freeze solid ( or
nearly solid ) within 30 secs. One does not use a bare hand in such cases or
you lose a layer of skin.

>> > I hope you all know that you may write the CD with:
>> >
>> > cdrecord -v  sol-nv-b70-sparc-dvd-iso-?
>> >
>> > as cdrecord combines several files to a single
>> track on a DVD.
>>
>> great feature !
>
> Ha! With this hint, I was able to find the relevant part in the cdrecord
> manpage:
>
>     " To record a pure CD-DA (audio) at single  speed,  with  each
>      track   contained   in   a   file   named   track01.cdaudio,
>      track02.cdaudio, etc:
>
>          cdrecord -v speed=1 dev=2,0 -audio track*.cdaudio
>
>      . . . "
>
> Perhaps if I visit this forum frequent enough, I will be able to learn more
> undocumented tricks ...

cdrecord is the *only* thing I use for burning anything to anything.

It just works. If you can't do the job with cdrecord then it probably can
not be done at all.

for example of the impossible see this thing :

http://www.blastwave.org/dclarke/blog/images/Microsoft_Windows_Vista_Business_Edition_DVD_s.png

It can be mounted as both a HSFS as well as UDFS DVD but in neither case can
readcd actually read its contents. Some wild and hokey things are going on
there for sure. I did use star to read the UDF filesystem and copy it to my
local harddisk but without the boot magic I hardly doubt that I can PXE boot
Windows Vista. I have no idea if it can even do such a thing at all.

Dennis