On Thu, 2007-09-06 at 20:13 -0700, Alan DuBoff wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Sep 2007, Kaiwai Gardiner wrote:
>
> > Actually, if Sun played it in such a way, Sun would look like the
> > victim, AMD would look like the irresponsible partner, and the only
> one
> > who would truly come out worse would be AMD - as AMD partners would
> > question the basis of any relationship with them.
>
> I don't know...seems that when you're playing CEO on the internet,
> you
> could toss them some chump change and open that relationship, so both
> Sun
> and AMD came out looking like heros. No?
>
> After all, it's the internet, can't we just make it end how we
> want?;-)

Yeah, and the current situation has worked sooooooooo well so far. How
long did it take for Sun to realise that SPARC isn't the be all and end
all? when their share price plumited to 1/10th? when management finally
woke up from their opium hazed existance and realised that they alone
should have their hands on the steering wheel rather than allowing the
noisy bratts at the back to gain control?

Matthew