On 28/09/2007, Brandorr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Not happening. You only have 1G of storage. Solaris would need some
> serious trimming to fit. (And maybe compression). With 256M of RAM it
> would be crazy.. Here Linux really is the best choice. (The eee on the
> other hand, might be doable).

With the way Solaris is currently built, yes. However, the Slim
Install project will have a livecd element that fits everything you
need to run a basic system in the amount of space available on 1cd.
Thus, it is likely in the near future that this will be viable.

The amount of memory is the more concerning point to me...

--
Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/

"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not
tried it. " --Donald Knuth