On 01/10/2007, Ignacio Marambio Catán <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > 256MB is  passable for a server, but not so hot for a day to day desktop.
> > (GUI apps: Browsing/flash video/javascript heavy apps/mp3s, OpenOffice,
> > etc).
> >
> ok, you know there is a problem with your software when your desktop
> box needs more memory than your server, that is just wrong

I don't consider it wrong. Your server software has far less resource
needs than your desktop. It's just a reality.

It all depends on *which* graphical desktop you choose I suppose, but
still, it's rather silly to say that it is wrong for a desktop need
more memory than a server. It's all about what you use it for.

--
Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/

"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not
tried it. " --Donald Knuth