> You really don't go about updating the system. There are no updates
> made available for anything but the Production release of Solaris
> (i.e. Solaris 10 at the moment).
>
> You *can* upgrade to the next release whenever it comes out.
>
> Also, if you installed the "Developer Edition" that automatically does
> a full install. Everything that is part of Solaris is already installed.
>
> If you want to install additional software, I would suggest looking at
> http://www.blastwave.org/
>
> --
> Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
> http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/

This appears to be one of the key distinctions between Open Solaris and other
Open Source operating systems.  Proving these kinds of "updates" or patch
bundles is a revenue stream for Sun and a matter or course for the others.  For
those of us coming from the BSD/Linux/et_al world it takes some educating as it
isn't obvious at first blush. I am not saying it is bad.  Just different.
And, it explains why there are so many questions on this topic every week.