On 10/31/07, Shawn Walker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > That would require the proposal to be finished; why don't you go help
> > > us finish it?
> >
> > Because I'm working up to 18 hours a day single-handedly trying to
> > rewrite opensolaris.org.
>
> For which you should be commended; but in the meantime let's be
> constructive in criticism? Please?

I think he is being very constructive, and has offered a solution:

If Project Indiana wished to rename itself "OpenSolaris", one of the
CGs that sponsored Project Indiana should have their OGB facilitator
make a request to the OGB to have a community-wide vote to allow
Indiana to be use the name "OpenSolaris".

I suspect that many who are voicing opposition now, are not
necessarily against Indiana being named OpenSolaris, but rather, they
are voicing objection to Sun's "Chief Operating Platforms Officer"
dictating that Project Indiana is "OpenSolaris", and is the "community
distro".

Cheers,
Brian

P.S. - As far as the existing distros being harmed. I would judge
whether or not they are being harmed by talking to the developers
responsible for the various distros. We have already had the chief
developer behind MartUX express outrage, and announce his intention to
leave the community over this naming issue, and it seems like
Shillix's main developer is also very agitated by this unilateral move
by Sun. (As he thought Shillix would be the leading candidate for a
"community distro").

> --
> Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
> http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/
>
> "We don't have enough parallel universes to allow all uses of all
> junction types--in the absence of quantum computing the combinatorics
> are not in our favor..." --Larry Wall

- Brian Gupta

http://opensolaris.org/os/project/nycosug/