Chris Mahan wrote:

> I look forward to the discussion this is going to generate, namely: can Sun
> do the same to OpenSolaris, and if not, why not, what's preventing them. I'm
> looking for sound legal reasons, not Sun's goodwill.

I know nothing about OpenDS, and I bet very few here are involved
either. This is an OpenSolaris forum. Sun has already demonstrated its
"good will" by opening /this/ project and enabling /these/ engineers to
interact with /this/ community. We will be judged by what /we/ do with
that freedom, not Sun. Why can't we stick to OpenSolaris community and
development issues rather than getting sucked into corporate politics?
Don't we have enough of our own problems to deal with? When we blow
these things up and make them big company things we lose sight of the
fact that we -- as individuals in this community -- are actually the
ones who have to solve our own problems. Not Sun. By focusing on Sun, we
will continually miss the opportunity to fix all the small problems that
lead to the big ones.

Jim
--
Jim Grisanzio http://blogs.sun.com/jimgris