On Nov 30, 2007 9:02 AM, Simon Phipps <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Nov 30, 2007, at 14:41, Shawn Walker wrote:
>
> > It's hard not to focus on Sun when their management team's inability
> > to clearly communicate both inside and outside of their company
> > continues to make the communities they participate in look like
> > nothing more than a "pr move" and leads to decisions that cause unrest
> > and tension within our community and others.
>
> Shawn, do you have some issue with the data I have posted? You seem
> to continue to treat Neil's posting as the whole truth but I believe
> I've posted (several times) compelling evidence that suggests there
> is more to the matter than what's recorded there.

I was responding in thread order; you will see that I responded to your posting.

On the contrary, I was relieved to know that the whole story had not been told.

However, as I'm certain you're aware, whether these allegations were
true or not, it continues to contribute to the negative perception
that many individuals outside of our community have of Sun and
communities they participate in.

Sun should have immediately posted a public communication pointing out
why the governance model documentation was restored to its original
state and what the situation was surrounding the changes to prevent
this allegation from ever receiving credibility.

That is my point about the communication issue.

Recent decisions made by Sun management without letting the community
know (such as the naming thing here) are proof that there is a
communication issue.

--
Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/

"We don't have enough parallel universes to allow all uses of all
junction types--in the absence of quantum computing the combinatorics
are not in our favor..." --Larry Wall