> Currently, there is no way to force a processor to a
> lower frequency. A
> feature we'll be adding to Solaris soon.
>
> As for what determining what frequencies your
> processors are running at,
> you can find that out from the cpu_info kstat.
>
> $ kstat -m cpu_info -s current_clock_Hz

Thank you for that.

The ability to reduce the speed would be useful. I do notice the batteries die
a lot quicker on this laptop (Sony VGN-SZ4XWN/C dual core 2.0 GHz Intgel Due 2
core T7200 CPU) when on Solaris than Vista. Sony claim up to 6 hours, but
whilst I have never got that, I can get 4 hours on Vista. But on Solaris 2
hours is about the max. The other issue with this laptop is that it has two
graphics chips - a low power Intel chipset and a higher performance Nvida
FeForce Go 7400 GPU one. But Solaris is only using the higher performance one,
which I hardly ever use on Vista.

That said, since I have installed Solaris, I hardly ever use Vista!!!

Dave