> Dr. David Kirkby wrote:
> >>

> >> cpudrv_pm_set_topspeed: instance 1: has new max
> power
> >> of 200
> >> 0 MHz

> > BTW, It seems that whoever wrote this bit of code
> needs to learn about SI units, since I thought power
> was measured in Watts, not MHz. I thought MHz was a
> unit of frequency and not power.
> >
> I wrote the bit of code and yes, I was embarrassed
> when I read it over
> as part of this thread. I was wondering if anyone was
> going to mention
> the absurdity of its content.

It gave me a laugh! Perhaps you should change it before anyone elses notices
it!

BTW, if you, or anyone else writes any code that will reduce the speed of a CPU
and want it tested on a Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 2.0 GHz, which (according to the
sticker on the front of my laptop) "supports Intel SpeedStep Technology", let
me know.

kstat -m cpu_info -s supported_frequencies_Hz

says it supports 1000, 1333, 1667 and 2000 Watts (sorry, MHz).