Oh yeah: and I can no longer log in as root. On the CONSOLE. Because if I
create an account for myself during the install, root will be turned into a
"role".

If that wasn't bad enough, it's not a sudo role, that I could use and transfer
to HP-UX or IRIX, or AIX, oh no.
We have to be stubborn and plough on with RBAC, which is overcomplicated and a
nightmare to set up and administer, even for people like me who've used Solaris
for 12+ years. As an added bonus, RBAC doesn't exist on any other UNIX(R)
system, so all the work I do with it I can't use on another UNIX(R) system.
Lovely.