Well, we're trying.  :-)

Sun has a great crew in Beijing working on the graphics drivers, and we
have a guy named Kan working with them who is relatively new on the
project.  I don't believe we are taking the binary blob approach on
graphics because Intel graphics specs have been open for some
generations, so the drivers are all open source.