Stewart, David C wrote:
> Sun has a great crew in Beijing working on the graphics drivers, and we
> have a guy named Kan working with them who is relatively new on the
> project.  I don't believe we are taking the binary blob approach on
> graphics because Intel graphics specs have been open for some
> generations, so the drivers are all open source.

The only binary blob I know of for Intel graphics on Solaris or Linux is a
small bit of optional code to enable the Macrovision-encumbered functionality.

For everything else, Intel has led the pack in being the most open of the
graphics vendors, and actively developing the open source 2D & 3D drivers
as their only driver - AMD/ATI are starting to catch up with their recent
release of 2D-only specs, but for both ATI & Nvidia cards, only their closed
source binary drivers will have full performance and functionality.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           [EMAIL PROTECTED]