Patrick:

Note that for GNOME/GStreamer to work best with OSS, you need to rebuild
the SUNWgnome-audio* and SUNWgnome-media* packages after installing the
OSS packages.  To do this you should use the CBE, which you can get
from the OpenSolaris website:

http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/jds/contributing/building/

For example, rebuilding these packages, ensures that the GStreamer
OSS plugins are built.

Once OSS actually integrates with Solaris, then we will build these
plugins as a part of Solaris, but until then you will need to rebuild
these packages by hand to get full OSS support in
Nevada/OpenSolaris/etc.

Brian