Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Nicolas Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>> If someone starts to use a name that has been in use since 20 years before,
>>> this
>>> entity needs to change the name to something that does not conflict.
>> It happened.  Oh well.  Now you might want to finish the task of
>> integrating star before someone appropriates that command name for
>> something else...  :/
>
> This does not depend on me as I am ready and waiting sice quite some time.

Please point to the message in the opensolaris.org mailman archives
where you requested a sponsor to integrate star.  I would have expected
to see this on request-sponsor@ or [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Anything you did
before OpenSolaris existed is no longer relevant, OpenSolaris changed
the world.

>> And yes, a registry that all Linux/*BSDs/OpenSolaris distros/c-teams
>> could use would be cool.
>
> You find one at Sourceforge.net, one at freshmeat.net and one at
> developers.berlios.de/sourcewell.berlios.de and a smaller one at savannah.org

It obviously doesn't work then because freshmeat.net lists both star and
ImageMagic.

--
Darren J Moffat