On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 08:24:36PM +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Darren J Moffat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > It obviously doesn't work then because freshmeat.net lists both star and
> > ImageMagic.
>
> I see no relation between imagemagic and star. What is your problem?

Darren is saying that freshmeat did not prevent the conflict, thus it's
not a suitable registry.

This:

http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=compare+imagemagic&section=projects&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

says nothing.

It seems that freshmeat doesn't index the interfaces delivered by any
one project.  That means that freshmeat.net is not a remotely useful as
a registry of command-names for any OS's /usr/bin.

I imagine that there is not site that can serve the purpose of a
registry today.

Nico