Hello Jörg-

I did get this reply:

>Hello John,
>
>My name is Vikas and as per the case notes I have closed the service request
>#607449389.
>
>Rupam has already forwarded your request to the concerned department.
>We hope to provide you support on Solaris VPN Client in future.
>
>In case you think that this case needs a second opinion you can call CRC at
>800 553 2447 to get it re queued >and reassigned.
>
>I wish you merry Christmas and have a great New Year.
>
>Regards
>
>Vikas Saxena
>TAC Engineer - VPN
>Cisco Systems Inc.

Hidden support? That's interesting. The release notes from the newest version
states that it does indeed officially support Solaris 10:

 Cisco VPN Client Readme file
    ============================

This file describes the contents of the Cisco VPN Client files for the Solaris
platform

Refer to the Bug Navigator on Cisco Connection Online for open issues:
http://www.cisco.com/support/bugtools/bugtool.shtml

Revision: Release 4.6.02.0030
Files:    vpnclient-solaris-4.6.02.0030-k9.tar.Z

Contents:

Remember that the VPN Client Releases 3.7.2 and higher no longer support the
ipdptp dialup interface on Solaris platforms.

This release officially supports Solaris 10.

Resolved Issues

CSCdz23397       unity client will not import netscape 7 certificates
CSCef26762       unity solaris overwrites /etc/system on uninstall
CSCeg44345       unity solaris interface binding count too low ce0 ce202000

Unresolved issues

CSCeh44603       unity solaris 10 ppp fails

Revision: Release 4.6.Rel
Files:    vpnclient-solaris-4.6.00.0045.Rel-k9.tar.Z

Contents: - See Release Notes for Release 4.6 at:
            http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/vpn/client/index.htm

So how was/is the "hidden" support utilized on older Solaris releases?

I'll keep the thread updated if I get any further responses from Cisco.

Thanks-
John