> Ben Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm
> > > not averse to using it. But it appears at moment
> > > have no way to access or otherwise using punchin.
> > > Furthermore, does it work with the existing Cisco
> > > based VPN server deployments that are already in
> use
> > > in many of Sun's customers' shops?
> > >
> > > Just to give some additional information:
> > >
> > > For Solaris 9 there is Cisco VPN-5000
> > >
> > > This does not work anymore for Solaris 10 or
> newer.
> >
> > I'm surprised at this.  I was one of the last
> holdouts for the VPN-5000
> > at Sun, and I was regularly using Solaris 10 for
> VPN access.
> >
> > As Sun migrated to the VPN-3000, we lost support
> for Solaris/x86,
> > however, I believe that the following information
> may be
> > good for folks with VPN-3000 access.  I built it
> once, but
>
> OK, it seems that I was wrong with asuming that
> VPN-5000 might still be
> be useful somewhere.

No. Don't take it that way.  I was just saying that I was using
VPN-5000 on Solaris 10/x86, before Sun offlined the
VPN-5000 concentrators.  Then it was either VPN-3000
or punchin.

> Does this mean that you would need VPN-3000 today?

I use VPN-3000 on Windows, and punchin for Solaris
(though with more services available through the
firewall, I find I don't need it that much anymore).
Windows I use extensively when I'm out and about
because of the wireless broadband card.

Ben