Hi,

I am running Solaris 10 8/07 (64bit operation) on a PC using Supermicro H8DAE-2
motherboard with the OSS v4.0-1012 driver connected to Harman/Kardon 2.1
speakers, with Optiarc DVD RW AD-7170S firmware v1.00  drive connected to SATA0.

1) Not all Audio play back programs honour the volume setting of the Volume
Control in the bottom right hand corner of the Java Desktop Interface.
    ie  RealPlayer v10.0.9.1204 does honour volume setting
        CSWogle does not honour volume setting
        "Sound Recorder" playing back audio files does not honour volume setting

2) When attempting to play back CDs using the "CD Player" the CD is recognised
and you can select play, but no audio is heard.

3) When attempting to play back CDs or DVDs using /usr/sfw/bin/Totem then I get
the following error message
"An error occured
Could not determine type of stream."
Examining /vol/dev/aliases/cdrom0 is a link to /vol/dev/rdsk/c0t0d0/audio_cd
when playing CDs
This would indicate that the disk is identifed as an audio disk but the reading
of the cd results in a corrupted stream.

Is the volume issue related to the OSS driver or to the application or both?

Is there a patch which would fix the playback of audio cds for either CD Player
or Totem?

TIA