>I think you mean 'non-homogeneous'. ;) Otherwise you'd have no problems
>because you'd have no different platforms.
>
>If linux is one of your platforms though, then you still have problems,
>since /bin/sh is bash on there, and not ksh93, and you'll still have
>feature, and behaviour differences to work around.

Yeah, I don't think this fixes anything there except if people know
how to program to the POSIX shell which few people do.

So if you really write substantial scripts and don't know how to do that
in the least Common Denominator, then perhaps shell programming is not
for you (so use something else like python or perl)

Casper