2008/6/24 Mauro Mozzarelli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I have read about Solaris packaging projects that extend pkg, however I am
> not convinced of the effectiveness of building on a packaging system that
> demonstrates several limitations. To mention only two, are:
> - the lack of a standard package building method
> - the lack of dependencies resolution

Current packaging systems do not meet the unique needs of OpenSolaris.

The lack of package building method is intentional at the moment.
However, there are projects working towards providing one such as
pkgbuild (http://pkgbuild.sf.net/).

pkg does have dependency resolution, though there are currently
restrictions on what it supports.

Remember that pkg is still a work in progress. I would encourage you
to provide any constructive feedback to the pkg-discuss mailing list.

Cheers,
--
Shawn Walker