Graeme West wrote:
> Hi Dave,
> Thanks for your advice.
>
> I edited the GRUB config for 2008.5, replacing 'ISADIR with amd64 as you
> suggested. It got me a little further but OpenSolaris still failed to boot.
>
> I just gave b93 a go - this was more successful, but the LiveDVD has
> exited at the point just after 'Reading ZFS Config: done'.
>
> The error message given is 'ERROR: Cannot find Java software, Exiting to
> shell'.
>
> It then drops me back into a shell, with no obvious way of resuming the
> installation.
>
> Any ideas?

That sounds like you're using SXCE, not the OpenSolaris distribution,
which doesn't use Java in any way during boot or installation.

It's probably running into a similar underlying problem, though, because
the SXCE installer at this point would be attempting to find the media
to import some additional software.  I'd suggest taking a look at

http://www.opensolaris.org/os/community/xen/docs/linux-dom0/

and inquiring further on xen-discuss.

Dave