Hi there,
I've been attempting to install OpenSolaris 2008.5 as a fully virtualised guest
on a CentOS 5.2 Xen host. When I boot the OpenSolaris DomU for the first time,
I get the blue screen allowing me to pick either the OpenSolaris installer or
the text mode installer, but after that the installation hangs. It gets as far
as:

SunOS Release 5.11 Version snv_86 32-bit
Copyright 1983-2008 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved.
Use is subject to license terms.
Hostname: opensolaris
Remounting root read/write
Probing for device nodes...

I'm using the GUI guest OS installer in virt-manager. Here is my setup for the
VM:

Mode: Full virtualisation (64-bit)
Disk: 32GB flat file
RAM: 2GB
Start-up RAM: 2GB
VCPUs: 8     (the machine has 8 real CPUs)
OS install image: os200805.iso

I suspect that this could be something to do with the OpenSolaris installer
starting in 32-bit mode. I didn't get the option to pick between 32 and 64 bit
modes for the VM when running through the install setup. Is this the problem,
and is there a way to force OpenSolaris to start the install CD in 64-bit mode?

Thanks,

Graeme

--
Graeme West
Web Services Development Architect

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Tel: (+44) 0141 331 8544
Project web site:
http://www.spokenword.ac.uk/