> Then upgrade your system to b98 and replace firefox
> as I previously showed.

I did, no change. I actually don't think it is firefox because thunderbird is
also slow as a cow as is the whole window system. Switching window workspace
takes 5 seconds. Used to happen immediately when touching the Ctrl-Alt
left-arrow...

> I have no idea
> what kind of processor or graphics your Ferrari uses
> but the nVidia drivers have been updated
> considerably since b86 was released.

The Acer Ferrari is (or at least was) some kind of standar within Sun. It's a
AMD Turion64 with ATI graphics.  Not the best choice for Solaris but I've seen
no problems until now.

> This system works almost perfectly:

> $ head -1 /etc/release
> OpenSolaris 2008.11 snv_98
>  X86

Mine is the same, but is the worst version based on nevada that I've seen. And
I've been testing _every_ build.

> Download the iso from http://www.genunix.org

I did.