On Jun 24, 2009, at 7:26 PM, Long Snows wrote:
I recently installed the 06/09 release as my first real attempt to use Opensolaris on a daily basis on my laptop and on a workstation at work. I am noticing a strange behavior and I am wondering if this is normal, expected, or a bug.

Each day I get the icon on my desktop alerting me to an update. I click on the update and it comes up with an update called "entire" that is a .0.111b version, and it is 0 bytes in size. I have gotten this every day that I have had this installed.

I am an Ubuntu guy and familiar with desktop notifications and updates, but this seems pretty strange to get what appears to be the same file daily, that is 0 bytes in size. Can someone tell me what is going on with this or is it a bug? Thanks.

Did you install the update when it asked?

The reason the update is 0 bytes in size is because the package is a meta-package, that is, it contains no actual files, but describes constraints that help ensure your system is properly updated.

If, even after installing the update, you continue to see update prompts, there is indeed a bug.

Cheers,
--
Shawn Walker