If you read down a little bit in the article, you'll see a part where it says:

"Oracle also reserves the right to stop supporting its Linux customers at any
time (PDF):

It may become necessary as a part of Oracle's support life cycle to desupport
certain Enterprise Linux and Oracle VM program releases and, therefore, Oracle
reserves the right to desupport certain Enterprise Linux and Oracle VM program
releases."

This is one of the reasons why the places where I work at use Red Hat
Enterprise Linux and not Oracle Unbreakable Linux. If there is any kind of a
migration afoot in the Linux community, it's from Red Hat to Ubuntu Server and
NOT from Red Hat to Oracle Unbreakable Linux (FYI: I never said I was for or
against Oracle Unbreakable Linux, I'm just telling it how I see it).

The "Ubuntu Server" distribution (not to be confused with the Ubuntu desktop
distribution with the fecal brown coloured desktop) is one of the most
under-rated server operating systems out there IMO. First time I used it, I was
thinking- "Wow, this is exactly like Debian, except it has more frequent
updates and MUCH better hardware support."

I always had a soft-spot in my heart for Debian, so I guess I might be a little
biased.