> I don't think that's a parody article. As far as I can tell, the article is
> straight,
> and it makes sense to me.

@Herzen

Well, if you scroll down and read the comments at the bottom of the article:

http://broadcast.oreilly.com/2009/07/is-oracle-getting-ready-to-kil.html#comments

You'll see a comment on July 16th where the author of the article, Chris
Joesephes says:

"Oracle customers migrated to Linux, and then complained to Oracle because
Linux vendors could not offer the support they were used to from other
operating systems.

Yes, this article is pure speculation, but I'm a little surprised that nobody
else noticed that it's also a parody.

http://blogs.computerworld.com/is_oracle_getting_ready_to_kill_opensolaris "

So yeah, Chris Josephes motive in writing it was to take a dig at SJVN.
However, I still think that Ted Dziuba's profanity laced writeups on Sun and
Oracle related things are the most offensive yet most entertaining of them all
(feel free not to open these links if you are easily offended):

http://teddziuba.com/2008/05/javafx-native-look-and-feel.html

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/04/27/dziuba_sunacle/page2.html

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/07/28/sun_dziuba_tm/

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/02/23/dziuba_javafx_mobile/

It would be pretty funny if we could somehow stage a televised debate between
SJVN and Ben Rockwood with Dziuba as the moderator.