Frank Taino wrote:
Hello,

Does anyone know how often is the HCL updated. I just used the Sun Device
Detection tool to very which components  on my system were not supported and
found at least two. In my case, I have a Dell Precision T7400. The BigAdmin
site states that a T7400 is supported with 10 5/8 and 10 5/9. I have tried both
and every version and the audiohd driver may not be supported. After many
iterations of trying this, I get the same result, the system reboots every time
after it loads the grub like window to select which version of solaris to
install with.
Which version of OpenSolaris have you tried?

What's frustraing is that I purchased this system to specifically run solaris with virtual box on top. No looks like I will be force to run Linux only. I should have checked the HCL first, but thought opensolaris was further along with supporting devices.
You could be a victim of Dell changing hardware.

--
Ian.