I like what you're doing... will keep tuned.

Will Splunk do what you're looking for, or have you reviewed it? Sorry
if you already have.

Wow... learning a *lot* about Unix in here. =)

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 13:53, Harry Putnam <rea...@newsguy.com> wrote:
> Brian Ruthven - Sun UK <brian.ruth...@sun.com>
> writes:
>
>> Hi Harry,
>>
>> It's not actually that difficult once you get used to it. Think of it
>> like learning a new programming language - you're not going to write
>> an entire OS from scratch on your first day. Here's an example that
>> took about 30 mins to write (although the bulk of this was looking
>> into the restart_on property for the <dependent> tag):
>>

> [...]
>
>> Hope that helps,
>
> Wow... I'll say.  That was really beyond the call of duty and
> seriously appreciated on this end... thanks

" ' With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech
censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied,
chains us all irrevocably.' Those words were uttered by Judge Aaron
Satie as wisdom and warning... The first time any man's freedom is
trodden on we’re all damaged." - Jean-Luc Picard, quoting Judge Aaron
Satie, Star Trek: TNG episode "The Drumhead"
- Alex Smith (K4RNT)
- Murfreesboro/Nashville, Tennessee USA