On Wed, 2010-01-27 at 10:54 -0800, W. Wayne Liauh wrote:
> BTW the webcast of the Oracle/Sun strategy session is still going on:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/os-012710
>
> I have to take off now.  If anyone hears anything about OpenSolaris, please
> let us know.  Thanks.

I just missed the OS/Visualization strategy talk, my boss came in.

Here are my highlights that caught my attention so far!
- VirtualBox lives
- OpenOffice lives
- NetBeans lives as a lightweight Java IDE
- Solaris Lives
   - SPARC still lives and will be enhanced
    ( over 50% of Oracle DB run on Sun/Solaris SPARC!!! )
   - X86/X64 focused on enterprise class servers and clusters

7000 Storage Appliance (ZFS based) - lives on tier 1, tier 2 and tier 3
storage support, will be greatly enhanced.

More Flash storage investment

Hardware:
Sun will move to built to order, from a built to stock model

Anyone have anymore info from the OS/Visualization strategy session?