> I personally can't see why anyone would use Windoze
> for anything else besides playing video games and
> collecting viruses anyway.
1) AD Sever - there is no alternatives, samba 4 is regrettably in permanent
alpha state...
2) You can use IIS or Apache, Windows DHCP Server, Terminal and file Server.
They are quite functional and easy to start with. A SMB server may be
constructed in one day by not very skilled and cheap staff.
3) Our several windows servers (VMWare server, Oracle 10 Server (old legacy
staff :(. In fact we don't need it, but some old applications are not easy to
rewrite)  + several others) have never caught any viruses. (However, we would
be happy to change them with FreeBSD or something more adequate, but it is
quite hard and in AD case impossible:)).