Honestly, you shouldn't.  If the advantages of a given system aren't
screamingly obvious, you're trying to pound a square peg into a round hole.
However, the fact that you'll never see a windows version for sparc is an
extremely good plus in my book.  Windows is for games, and if you can play
games on it, it shouldn't be in the datacenter.  Explain to your manager
that he can have his nice game systems, and when he wants to grow up and do
real computing, hope to god that someone out there has kept the last
strictly Serious Computing platform alive and well.