> Could anyboby (informed) please explain in short terms what goes into
> Solaris coming from opensolaris. Are the Opensolaris developpers paid
> by Sun? What's the relationship?
> Is Opensolaris the sole base for Solaris evolution or is there a
> division at Sun/Oracle that drives Solaris advancements?
> Im curious.

Thanks for asking this question.  I have been wondering about this myself
recently.  Because ... As long as Oracle still plans to keep using Solaris,
it only makes sense, OpenSolaris will continue receiving Oracle development.

Recently, someone said something about how opensolaris is surely doomed at
the hands of oracle, and part of my case to refute that claim was "As long
as they aren't killing solaris, they're not killing opensolaris."  And also,
"Even if they did discontinue development contribution, they don't own it,
and the worst they could possibly do is to stop contributing.  Even if they
stop contributing, it would take years, if ever, for the project to die, so
you would have plenty of time to plan a migration."