<snip>

> In any case, there's plenty of reason for folks
> outside Sun/Oracle to
> build their own distro to cater to their needs

<snip>

> --
> Erik Trimble
> Java System Support
> Mailstop:  usca22-123
> Phone:  x17195
> Santa Clara, CA

One of the most significant but often overlooked advantages of OpenSolaris is
that you can order a free LiveCD--complete with Sun's logo--from Sun, and
(hopefully) give it to your friends/associates/governmental dignitaries and ask
them to try.

Customized OpenSolaris distros will be more generally acceptable after
OpenSolaris LiveCD itself has established a threshold market share.  For now, I
believe it is critically important to keep eyes on the finality and quality of
the OpenSolaris LiveCD.