[...]
> Alan,
>
> Didn't say if the source is publically available, I
> mentioned if the source is maintained for portability
> (i.e. non-Windows only in this case).
>
> Whatever the working relationship is between the
> Opera team and the other parties is another subject.
>
> ~ Ken Mays

Well, I doubt that anyone is going to pay Opera to
make it work on Solaris, or for that matter to offer
paid bodies to help make it work.  (not that such
things may or may not have happened before, but
I'm guessing the present folks are more concerned
with figuring out how to make Solaris pay for itself
than with nice-to-have-but-sort-of-optional things
like an additional choice of browsers)

Perhaps suitably talented volunteers could approach
Opera and offer to sign an NDA and use some sort of
controlled VPN access or whatever to help work on
it, but Opera would be entirely within their rights to
say "no, thanks".