On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 3:09 AM, Erik Trimble <erik.trim...@oracle.com> wrote:

> All that said, I'm still a little mystified as to why the "normal"
> development builds are being held back.

Could it be because "pkg image update" is known to work pretty well
going forward (b134 -> b134b) but is known not to work well or is
untested for going backward (b142 -> b134b)?  Or could there be other
things (e.g zfs version 23 in b135) that would make going back to
b134b problematic?  If so, I suspect that this is a matter of
protecting people from getting into a state where they can't
transition from a dev build to a release build.

People that really want to do development can (subject to periodic
hiccups) do development on current bits by building their own.

--
Mike Gerdts
http://mgerdts.blogspot.com/