Edward Martinez wrote:
>> I don't know where you got the idea that IBM has
>> frozen development of the POWER architecture
>
> I was quoting   the article.  i think it's  mention in the eightieth
> paragraph
>
> the link to the article:
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/05/27/idc_q1_2010_server_nums/

Which if read in context did not say that Solaris, HP-UX or AIX were frozen,
just that *if* that happened, then Linux would gain more market share.

The non-misleading in-context quote is:

    It is hard to imagine Linux attaining more than 25 per cent share,
    unless something really awful happens in the Unix base.

    Like Oracle, Hewlett-Packard, or IBM freezing development of
    their respective Solaris, HP-UX, and AIX platforms.

So it's hypothetical speculation about what could happen if something
unforeseen happens.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersm...@oracle.com