My first preference for a UNIX operating system is AIX (as I'm sure anyone can
figure that out by now), followed by Solaris/OpenSolaris.  I'm just disgruntled
by Oracle.

Next on my list would be FreeBSD/OpenBSD (I've never used NetBSD).  I'd prefer
to never touch Linux if I didn't have to, but necessary because of work.

One feature I'd like to see OpenSolaris adopt for Zones is the AIX application
workload partition.  In AIX, there are system and application partitions, and
application partitions only exist to run a specific application or job and then
the partition is destroyed.  This is a very useful feature that should be
incorporated into OpenSolaris.