Very well said.  All the smb's we were promoting S10 to went back to MS
following the takeover. Support being effectively unaccessible on non Sun
branded hardware, license changes, security updates no longer being freely
available, coupled with ensuing exorbitant support fees even if you were
running on Sun branded hardware, have made S10 irrelevant to this market. The
path Sun had previously tried to encourage from OS to S10 and support for those
who needed it have been priced out of reach for all but those enterprises with
the deepest of pockets.  So I no longer care a wit about S10, nor by extension
"Oracle Solaris Next", wh/I expect to be similarly out of reach.  Larry's
targeting the top %5.  We're not that market.   So let's just drop the pretense
that we are and promoting the commercial stuff.

Like you, however, I'd considered possibility of using OS for some of these
services, behind well configured firewalls.  But even now that possibility
seems to be fading into the sunset.....