Apparently Ed you have been gone since the beginning of the Opensolaris
movement, because Murdock and Company were doing just what you saying is not
true, they wanted an OS that ran on laptops and could still be a top running
server OS. If they did not want only a server OS why go to all the trouble to
update Gnome or integrate Codeina or Moovida or any of the other non server
applications bundled and updated on the repo?

I really understand some of what you are discussing but your views are very
one-sided. Have you thought of all the people that go to user groups? They are
not lugging their mainframes in the trains and in their cars to show up and
play.

Also maybe you  forgot or never saw this demo by a Sun Employee Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_Fy2Nv9aDs and Part
2http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfCtqX8dQtk&feature=related

So I guess their focus was never laptops only big clunky sit at the office
servers?

Just my thoughts, got yours?