Of course, Solaris is promoted as desktop.
Look at SRSS decisions. Terminal servers should be good desktops, otherwise why
should I use it? It's silly to use Solaris just to connect user to remote
Windows Terminal Server. If I wanted to do it I could use Windows Terminal
Server and RDP clients (e.g., HP thin clients).
So it should be a good desktop. It has to have flash, silverlight, web
browsers, mail clients, etc...
And also Solaris is preinstalled on several Sun (now should I call them
Oracle?) workstations - e.g. Sun Ultra 27. So if it is not an adequate desktop,
why should I use it on workstation or terminal server?