Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersm...@oracle.com> wrote:

> Dev Mazumdar wrote:
> > On the other hand, someone with a good lawyer should sue Oracle for false
> > advertisement when Larry Ellison claimed he was going to spend more money
> > on Solaris than Sun ever did in the past year (yeah Larry, where's the
> > funding for Open Sound/Boomer?)
>
> Spending more money doesn't mean spending it on every single possible feature.
> As anyone who has ever managed a budget knows, it's possible to spend more in
> some areas, and even more overall, while decreasing spending in others.

When we talked about how OpenSolaris should be driven in September 2004, it
was obvious that Sun works on the issues that get money from paying costomers
while the community works on the aditional wishes of the community.

The community needs to be able to prevent moves into a direction that is
aparently driven by customers but against the will of the majority of the users
and the community needs to be able to put back their developments results.

This way Solaris stays competitive with other OS.

Jörg

--
 EMail:jo...@schily.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
       j...@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)