> From my limited perspective and understanding dev
> wants it in game layer on a gamble.     Good Luck ??

Explain please; I'm not even 100% sure what you're saying,
let alone why.  I would imagine that if someone wanted
an OS to do gaming on, and they didn't want any of the
more obvious candidates, that OpenSolaris, although not
incapable, would be a bit _too_ non-obvious.

Aside from demos and community interest, the only gaming
connection I'm aware of is Project Darkstar, which is dead,
or rather continues only as a community controlled fork,
and if I understand right was about server side support for
networked games, not so much client side.