On 07/22/10 04:24, Dennis Clarke wrote:
Update 10 ? Really ?

The marketing people at ORacle are worse than the ones at Sun. We have no clue
when an update is coming or a damn thing but at least there are readme files
that leak out from time to time.

I don't understand your point. Hasn't it been said over and over that it is Oracle policy not to make forward looking statements about product releases? Solaris 10 is solely an Oracle product, without any community involvement; does it surprise you that it would adhere to that policy? Without making any comments on whether or not or when any particular update is due to be released, I will say that an update takes many months to produce, and preparation for the next update will generally start several months before the previous update is released.

So, what is your point?
--
blu

It's bad civic hygiene to build technologies that could someday be
used to facilitate a police state. - Bruce Schneier