> I don't think the IPS repos will disappear
> soon.  In that memo it was
> stated they are going to try to get a migration path
> from Opensolaris
> to Solaris 11 Express.  So until that bridge is
> built, I believe they
> will keep the current repo going.
>
> Paul

i reread and i did overlook that part maybe it was the tears in my eyes were
getting in the way;)

quote:
We will
"determine a simple, cost-effective means of getting enterprise users
of prior OpenSolaris binary releases to migrate to S11 Express."
end quote

in a way i'm glad that we are not being "cut off in a cold way" sounds like we
are getting invited to participate:

quote:
 We will be asking all of you to participate in this
endeavor, bringing with us the benefit of previous Sun Platinum
programs, while utilizing the much larger megaphone that is available
to us now as a combined company.

We look forward to everyone’s continued work on Solaris 11. Our goal
is simply to make it the best and most important release of Solaris
ever.
end quote