Brian Utterback <brian.utterb...@oracle.com> wrote:

> On 09/13/10 13:21, joerg.schill...@fokus.fraunhofer.de wrote:
> > John Martin <john.m.mar...@oracle.com> wrote:

> >> Single persons like Paul Allen?
> >>
> >> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/08/27/paul_allen_patent_offensive/
> >
> > I can't see Paul Allen listed as inventor......
> >
> > So this is obviously a miss usage of patents.
> >
> > Jörg
> >

> Really? Are you sure. I can think of several criteria that might be
> used here.
>
> 1. Are you the original inventor? (What about companies that pay for
> the R&D?)

The original inventors are listed in a patent.

> 2. Are you the company that paid for the R&D? (What if you are, but
> you have no plans to make a product based on the patent?)

> I believe that Paul Allen falls into category 2, not category 3. Not
> the classic patent troll.

I have no problems if patents do what they have been designed for. Allow to
claim patent rights for personal inventors to prevent companies from using the
invention wihout paying for it.

Jörg

--
 EMail:jo...@schily.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin